According to new statutory regulations of the tax authorities, all new electronic and existing PC-based POS systems in Germany must be able to be equipped with a certified technical security device (TSE) from January 1, 2020 and a legally compliant conversion of their POS systems must be implemented by March 31, 2021.
Swissbit a complete provider of tamper-proof recording solutions for POS data in accordance with the German Cash Security Ordinance (KassenSichV). Whether single devices, networked POS systems in a LAN or online-capable POS systems with a cloud connection, Swissbit provides an easy-to-integrate, flexible and secure TSE connection for all scenarios.
Swissbit TSE Solutions
POS manufacturers receive convenient and standardized interfaces for local and cloud-based POS systems, which allows them to easily switch between the technologies as needed. Swissbit also offers businesses an interface to the DATEV fiscalization platform MeinFiskal, which amongst other great benefits, offers an intuitive POS-data archiving and checking feature and provides businesses with access to an ideal fiscal services package.
Standalone- and LAN solution
Swissbit was the first manufacturer to receive TSE certification for storage solutions in Germany. With USB sticks, SD and microSD cards from Swissbit, almost every modern POS system can be retrofitted to meet the requirements of the German Cash Security Ordinance.
An optional LAN solution enables the efficient retrofitting of networked POS systems. In this way, devices in different locations, such as PC cash registers or tablets, can be easily retrofitted to be legally compliant without any further hardware intervention at the individual cash registers. In addition to the secure fiscal memory where the automatically signed transactions are stored, the Swissbit TSE memory solutions offer a user memory that can be freely used by POS equipment manufacturers.
The core of the certified Swissbit TSE is a durable, industrial flash memory with signature certificate in accordance with TR-03145 and the Common Criteria (CC) certified security modules BSI-PP-SMAERS and BSI-PP-CSP.
Swissbit TSE in Detail
- TSE (according to BSI TR-03153) in three variants with 8 GB flash memory - without adapters for maximum reliability: microSD, SD and USB
- Encryption: 384 bit - more than specified by the BSI and therefore future-proof
- Validity of the signature certificate: 5 or 7 years + 6 months for warehouse / logistics
- Processing time (signature and storage): less than 250 ms
- Lifetime: guaranteed 20 million signatures
- Data retention (with non-powered storage): 10 years
- Optional: secure remote connection to fiscalization platform from Datev & T-Systems possible
LAN solution in Detail
- TSE package for LAN solution in connection with the purchase of USB TSEs through our sales partners Gastro-MIS, Jarltech or Partner Tech
- LAN Connector Software (.exe) for provider of cash systems with a one-time fee per location
- Suitable for up to 5 POS systems per USB TSE (factor 5: 1 and free assignment of the POS systems to USB TSE possible)
- Easy connection of additional cash registers possible (only limited by the number of USB ports in the server)
- Multiple TSEs can run in parallel
Swissbit Cloud-TSE: simple, flexible and secure
The Swissbit Cloud TSE is particularly suitable for companies wishing to connect their POS systems to the cloud now or in the future. With the use of cloud cash registers supported for the first time, companies with a centralized infrastructure and numerous cash registers or branches, such as large retail chains, supermarkets, pharmacies and businesses in the catering & hospitality sector, can also benefit significantly from this cloud-connected proposition.
The certified Swissbit Cloud TSE uses in addition to the “Swissbit Cloud TSE Connector”, including the local SMAERS component (Security Module Application for Electronic Record-keeping Systems), also a central web service with a signature service including key management, certified as a Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP), on which configuration and monitoring is carried out. The local component does not require any hardware and runs either directly on the cash register or from the branch back-office. The local component also handles secure communication with the web service in the cloud.
- Easy to integrate into existing and new POS systems
- Flexible and scalable: available as a single device, LAN solution and cloud solution and easily scalable. Easy switching between technologies possible.
- Secure: reliable and 100% secure certified Swissbit TSE as microSD, SD and USB for the best protection of fiscal data as well as a cloud solution with the highest security standards.
- Fiscal services: connection to the fiscalization platform MeinFiskal of DATEV with further additional services