Swissbit Solutions for the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is one of the fastest growing markets for embedded and industrial systems. The term stands for the technology to connect homogeneous and heterogeneous physical and virtual devices with each other and also to a centralized cloud. Often combined with big data and artificial intelligence (AI), the IoT devices generate lots of data that need to be stored, processed, transmitted and analyzed. Local storage in the IoT devices (edge) becomes more important in order to buffer and reduce the amount of data that is transmitted through the communication channels.
Swissbit provides various types of storage solutions for the IoT systems that enable reliable, stable and high-performing operation with long service life.
- Reliability and temperature range: Storage solutions for IoT applications must provide reliable operation even in the most extreme conditions: wide temperature changes, sudden power interruptions, environmental influence.
- High endurance: IoT systems for surveillance or sensor data acquisition need to have a high endurance even with small capacity products.
- Small form factors: IoT applications prefer small form factor storage products to allow compact systems.
- Security: Locally stored data must be protected against manipulation or theft.
- SATA & NVMe SSDs: The Swissbit PCIe and SATA products provide the right storage capacity, longevity and operation temperature range for outdoor and indoor systems.
- 3D TLC & 3D pSLC: Cost reduction with the introduction of 3D NAND while maintaining the high reliability and endurance.
- Small form factors: SD and microSD memory cards, e.MMC and USB products with high endurance are ideal for small scale IoT systems.
- Protected SD and USB products: Swissbit offers PIN protected SD memory cards and USD flash drives with access control and encryption.
Key Product Features
|Industrial Temperature Grade
Swissbit products are designed for operation in outdoor and remote systems under industrial temperature range. The guaranteed temperature range from -40°C to 85°C of the storage solution allows to operate the Swissbit products in systems without airflow. Own thermal management of the Flash controller protects against overheating and lifetime reduction.
Data Care Management
Power Fail Robustness
Typical IoT Products
- Small: ideal for small form factors IoT devices
- Robust: rugged design, environmentally protected
- Reliable: wide temperature range, high endurance
- Low cost of ownership: long service life, highest quality
Why Swissbit ?
- Competent and trustworthy partner: more than 20 years of experience with sophisticated storage and security solutions in the industrial market with „Made in Germany“ products.
- Best quality products and solutions: Our products are designed for highest reliability, endurance and quality standards.
- Unique technical support and customer relationship: Knowledgeable application engineers and technical sales available for product consultancy.