Swissbit at embedded world 2022
Bronschhofen, Switzerland. May 10, 2022 – embedded world 2022 will be taking place for the first time as a summer event from June 21 to 23 in Nuremberg, Germany. Swissbit will welcome visitors to its booth 1-534 in Hall 1 and is using the trade show as the perfect opportunity to showcase a number of innovations. These include the N-30 series, which will expand the company’s portfolio of 3D TLC storage solutions in the future by serving as a high-performance PCIe SSD for industrial applications. In addition, Swissbit will be presenting its latest array of security solutions, including the iShield FIDO2 hardware security key. As a show exclusive, Swissbit will also be revealing the first details of a further new development from its Embedded IoT Solutions division: a unique solution set for securing data exchanges between IoT devices.
The core requirements for industrial storage media are maximum reliability and durability. With its 3D TLC portfolio, Swissbit demonstrates that these stringent requirements can be met with cost-effective solutions without compromises. The company’s memory solutions, which are equipped with powerful controllers and precisely tuned firmware, meet all the requirements of industrial users, including long-term availability. At embedded world, Swissbit will showcase the latest additions to its 3D TLC portfolio, which provide the necessary interfaces and form factors for all application areas:
- Premiere: PCIe-SSD N-30m2. Swissbit’s high-performance SSD series N-30m2 will premiere in Nuremberg: the range will be available as a compact PCIe module with capacities up to four terabytes and based on its performance data, is highly recommended for the most demanding industrial applications. In line with that, the series will also be available with Swissbit's newly launched extended PLP protection feature, "powersafe". Swissbit will reveal more details at the start of the trade show.
|Premiere at embedded world: The High Performance PCIe-SSD N-30m2 with up to 4 TB storage capacity.|
- CFexpress card series G-20: Perfect for the theme of embedded world, Swissbit’s G-20 series will also be on show. CFexpress combines the advantages of a removable storage medium with the performance of PCIe-SSDs and is considered to be the pioneering form factor for industrial memory cards.
- SD card series S-55: The recently launched SD and microSD memory cards bear the "High Reliability" mark and will be available with capacities ranging from 16 to 512 gigabytes.
- e.MMC EM-30: The e.MMC-5.1 standard BGA device is now compatible with an extended temperature range of -40 to +105 °C and therefore also meets the stringent requirements of the most demanding automotive applications.
Embedded IoT Solutions: Swissbit continuously expands its security offering
With no less than two innovations in the area of security, Swissbit is using embedded world as a platform to highlight its activities in its rapidly growing Embedded IoT Solutions business division:
- Premiere: IoT Secure Connect. Today, the connection between machines, manufacturing plants and sensors in the IoT is ubiquitous. However, the cost and efficiency benefits are vulnerable to new security threats. Among the recognized weaknesses here is the frequently insufficient protection of the connection between individual IoT devices. This is where "IoT Secure Connect" comes into play. The solution package, which consists of hardware, software (SDK) and services ensures seamless end-to-end encryption of data traffic. At the heart of this is always a pluggable hardware component that gateway or controller manufacturers can use to ensure the most secure data transmission channels, even in existing IoT infrastructures.
- Security Key iShield FIDO2: The first Swissbit product without any memory was premiered in March 2022 and will be shown to a large audience for the first time in Nuremberg. The FIDO-standard certified security key with NFC and USB interface enables efficient protection of cross-platform online accounts, applications, and company networks thanks to the strongest hardware authentication. The stick is manufactured in the company's own facility in Berlin, Germany.
|Making its debut on the big stage: the iShield FIDO2 hardware security key.|