According to new statutory regulations of the tax authorities, all new electronic and existing PC-based POS systems in Germany must be equipped with a certified technical security device (TSE) from January 1, 2020. Existing POS systems must be retrofitted accordingly by the end of 2022.
The Swissbit-TSE modules (technical security device according to BSI TR-03153), available in three versions, received the "preliminary release" as part of the certification process at the BSI (Federal Office for Information Security) on December 20, 2019. The Swissbit TSE is now officially certified. Click to see certification here.
Swissbit will offer a TSE solution for the tamper-proof recording of POS data and has developed a plug-in TSE solution that is extremely easy to integrate. The Swissbit TSE is connected via USB, SD, or microSD interface.
This way the Swissbit TSE can be integrated by both traditional POS systems and POS software manufacturers for PCs or tablets - and is also a very cost-effective solution to retrofit existing POS systems.
Since April 2019 Swissbit TSE has been successfully tested by leading manufactureres in the DFKA field test.
Swissbit TSE in Detail
- TSE (according to BSI TR-03153) in three variants with 8 GB flash memory - without adapters for maximum reliability: microSD, SD and USB
- Encryption: 384 bit - more than specified by the BSI and therefore future-proof
- Operational time of the signature certificate: 5 or 7 years + 6 months for warehouse / logistics
- Processing time (signature and storage): less than 250 ms
- Lifetime: guaranteed 20 million signatures
- Data retention (with non-powered storage): 10 years
- Optional: secure remote connection to fiscalization platform from Datev & T-Systems possible
Swissbit LAN-TSE in Detail
- LAN-TSE in connection with the purchase of USB-TSEs through our sales partners Gastro-MIS, Jarltech or Partner Tech
- Cost-effective LAN-TSE software package (.exe) with a one-time fee per location
- Suitable for up to 5 POS systems per inserted USB-TSE (factor 5: 1 and free allocation of the POS systems to USB-TSE possible)
- Easy connection of additional cash registers possible (only limited by the number of USB ports in the server)
- Multiple TSEs possible in parallel in operation
- Pluggable: ideal to retrofit existing cash registers
- Easy to integrate into existing and new POS systems
- Scalable and cost efficient: available as stand-alone and LAN solutions