According to new statutory regulations of the tax authorities, all new electronic and existing PC-based POS systems in Germany must be able to be equipped with a certified technical security device (TSE) from January 1, 2020 and must be updated with a TSE by September 30, 2020 at the latest. Existing POS systems must be retrofitted accordingly by the end of 2022.
The Swissbit TSE is officially certified: the Swissbit-TSE modules (technical security device according to BSI TR-03153), available in three versions, received the release as part of the certification process at the BSI (Federal Office for Information Security) on December 20, 2019. Click to see certification here.
Swissbit will offer a TSE solution for the tamper-proof recording of POS data and has developed a plug-in TSE solution that is extremely easy to integrate. The Swissbit TSE is connected via USB, SD, or microSD interface.
This way the Swissbit TSE can be integrated by both traditional POS systems and POS software manufacturers for PCs or tablets - and is also a very cost-effective solution to retrofit existing POS systems.
Since April 2019 Swissbit TSE has been successfully tested by leading manufactureres in the DFKA field test.
Swissbit TSE in Detail
- TSE (according to BSI TR-03153) in three variants with 8 GB flash memory - without adapters for maximum reliability: microSD, SD and USB
- Encryption: 384 bit - more than specified by the BSI and therefore future-proof
- Validity of the signature certificate: 5 or 7 years + 6 months for warehouse / logistics
- Processing time (signature and storage): less than 250 ms
- Lifetime: guaranteed 20 million signatures
- Data retention (with non-powered storage): 10 years
- Optional: secure remote connection to fiscalization platform from Datev & T-Systems possible
LAN solution in Detail
- TSE package for LAN solution in connection with the purchase of USB TSEs through our sales partners Gastro-MIS, Jarltech or Partner Tech
- LAN Connector Software (.exe) for provider of cash systems with a one-time fee per location
- Suitable for up to 5 POS systems per USB TSE (factor 5: 1 and free assignment of the POS systems to USB TSE possible)
- Easy connection of additional cash registers possible (only limited by the number of USB ports in the server)
- Multiple TSEs can run in parallel
- Pluggable: ideal to retrofit existing cash registers
- Easy to integrate into existing and new POS systems
- Scalable and cost efficient: available as stand-alone and LAN solutions